Monday – Friday (09:00 hrs. to 13:00 hrs)
Telephone no: – 051-2610317/18/19, Extension 109
Visa section opens:
Monday to Friday (09:00 hrs. – 12:00hrs)
a. Tourist visas may be issued to foreign tourists visiting Nepal
b. Tourist visas are of following duration and will have to be used within a visa year (January- December of the same year).
|Types of Visa||Visa Period||Visa Fee (Pak. Rs.)|
|Multiple Entry||15 Days||2750/-|
|Multiple Entry||30 Days||4400/-|
|Multiple Entry||90 Days||11000/-|
c. The validity of entry will remain six month from the date of issue.
d. If the visitor has departed before the expiry of visa period, the balance visa duration cannot be used in the following year.
e. A visitor entering into Nepal towards the end of a visa year may continue his stay in Nepal in new visa year provided his visa period does not expire. Visa fees in such case shall be calculated on the basis of the total period of stay.
f. Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended or revalidated. Therefore the fee once paid will not be refunded.
g. Visa fee should be paid in cash. Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
Required documents for national passport holders
1. Duly filled visa application form with 2 copies of passport size photographs.
2. Original Passport with at least six month’s validity before the date of travel.
3. Copy of National Identity Card.
4. Copy of the passport.
5. Hotel booking confirmation.
6. Return air ticket.
7. If you are a business person, letter from your firm/company/no objection letter.
8. If you are invited to a seminar/workshop/meeting/conference, a copy of invitation letter.
9. If you are invited by friend, family or a sponsor, letter of invitation with all details of the sponsor (name, address, contact details and copy of passport or citizenship certificate of the sponsor) and the statement that the sponsor will bear the cost of the visit.
10. If there is no sponsor, the applicant has to submit bank statement showing transactions of past six months and having balance not less than 5 lakh Pakistani Rupees.Duly filled visa application form with 2 copies of passport size photographs.
The applicant has to submit all those documents in person. It will take three working days for visa processing.
Required documents for Diplomatic or Official Passport holders
1. Duly filled-up visa application form.
2. Two copies of passport size photographs.
3. Note Verbale from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission.
4. Passport with at least 6 month’s validity before the date of travel.
5. Copy of the passport.
Extension of visa:
A tourist visa can be extended from the Department of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total period of 120 days in a visa year. An additional 30 days visa may be granted if the Department is convinced of the grounds appear reasonable for extension. Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal more than cumulative 150 days.
Visa for Afghan and Iraqi Nationals
Visa for Afghan and Iraqi nationals requires prior-approval from the concerned authorities of Nepal. It takes at least two months (sometimes longer) to obtain approval from Kathmandu. The applicant has to send scanned copies of the following documents by email to the Embassy well in advance.
1. Duly filled in visa application form.
2. Copy of the Passport with at least six month’s validity before the date of travel.
3. Copy of National Identity Card.
4. A copy of digital passport-size photograph.
5. Sponsorship letter, if any, stating that the sponsor will cover the expenses for the visit and accommodation.
6. Visa request letter from the sponsor.
7. Bank statement showing transactions of past six months.
8. If you are an employee /or a business person, no objection letter from your employer, firm/company.
9. If you are invited to a seminar/workshop/meeting/conference, a copy of invitation letter.
Once the application is received, the embassy will process for the approval from the concerned authorities in Kathmandu and will let the applicant know the outcome by email. Only after the Embassy receives clearance from Kathmandu, it will inform the applicant to send the original copy of all the above documents, passport, any other required documents and visa fee. Therefore, DO NOT send the original passport by hand, courier or any other means before receiving confirmation of approval by email from the Embassy.
For those attending a conference, seminar, meeting in Kathmandu, you may request to the host to obtain prior-approval by which arrangement may be made to get on-arrival visa at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
Download visa application form:
For more information please visit at:
Embassy of Nepal
House No 6, Gomal Road
Tel. : +92-51-2610317-19, Ext. 109
Fax : +92 – 51 – 2610320
Email : firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com