1. Tourist Visa
a. Persons holding ordinary passports can apply for tourist visa to the Embassy for visiting Nepal.
b. Tourist visas may be issued to foreigners visiting Nepal
c. Tourist visas are of the following duration and will have to be used within a visa year (January- December of the same year).
|Types of Visa||Visa Period||Visa Fee (Pak. Rs.)|
|Multiple Entry||15 Days||
|Multiple Entry||30 Days||
|Multiple Entry||90 Days||
d. The validity of entry will remain six months from the date of issue.
e. If the visitor has departed before the expiry of visa period, the balance visa duration cannot be used in the following year.
f. A visitor entering into Nepal towards the end of a visa year may continue his stay in Nepal in new visa year provided his visa period does not expire. Visa fees in such case shall be calculated on the basis of the total period of stay.
g. Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended or revalidated. Therefore the fee once paid will not be refunded.
h. Visa fee should be paid in cash. Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
Required documents for national passport holders
1. Duly filled visa application form with 2 copies of passport size photographs
2. Original Passport with at least 6 month’s validity on the expected date of travel.
3. Copy of National Identity Card
4. Copy of the passport
5. Hotel booking confirmation
6. Return air ticket
7. If you are a business person, letter from your firm/company/no objection letter.
8. If you are invited to a seminar/workshop/meeting/conference, a copy of invitation letter.
9. If you are invited by friend, family or a sponsor, letter of invitation with all details of the sponsor (name, address, contact details and copy of passport or citizenship certificate of the sponsor) and the statement that the sponsor will bear the cost of the visit
10. If there is no sponsor, the applicant has to submit bank statement showing transactions of past six months and having balance not less than 5 lakh Pakistani Rupees.
The applicant has to submit all those documents in person. It will take three working days for visa processing.
Who can apply:
Besides Pakistan the Embassy is concurrently accredited to Iran, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkey and Turkmenistan. Therefore passport holders of those countries can apply tourist visa to this Embassy.
Extension of visa:
A tourist visa can be extended from the Department of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total period of 120 days in a visa year. An additional 30 days visa may be granted if the Department is convinced of the grounds appear reasonable for the extension. Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal more than cumulative 150 days.
2. Diplomatic/Official Visa
Persons holding Diplomatic/Official Passport may apply for diplomatic/passport visa to the Embassy along with the following documents:
a. Duly filled-in visa application form
b. Note Verbale from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Diplomatic Mission
c. Two copies of passport size photograph
d. Passport with at least 6 month’s validity on the expected date of travel.
e. Copy of the passport
Download visa application form here:
For more information please visit at: